Sweet potatoes, once considered a strictly Thanksgiving food have taken the world by storm. It’s no wonder why everyone’s catching on to these sweet and healthy treats. They are jam packed with health benefits including…
– Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin C. Not only does vitamin C fight cold and flu viruses, it also produces collagen making the skin appear healthy and youthful. Vitamin C has also been known to help the body handle stress.
– High levels of vitamin B6 have been known to reduce a chemical called homocysteine in the body, thus reducing the occurrence of heart attacks.
– Vitamin D boosts our immune system as well as promotes a healthy mood, high levels of energy, and healthy bones, skin, and teeth.
– Potassium is a key electrolyte which helps to regulate the heart beat. It also supports healthy muscle and kidney function.
– Magnesium aka the anti stress mineral is present in sweet potatoes. It also plays an important role in healthy heart and nerve function. Magnesium has also been known to help with sleep disorders.
– Iron helps our bodies to metabolize protein, cope with stress, and function at their best.
– Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene which is said to strengthen eyesight, boost immunity, and even ward off certain cancers.
– The natural sugars in sweet potatoes help to regulate blood sugar, combating fatigue and weight gain.
– Lastly, sweet potatoes are delicious! Enjoy them at your holiday meal, or any meal for that matter and take advantage of their amazing health benefits.
This week’s featured product is SkinMedica’s incredible Vitamin C+E Complex. This product improves the appearance of the skin’s tone and texture while increasing firmness. High concentrations of vitamins C and E work together to provide extraordinary antioxidant protection while fighting free radicals caused by aging, pollution, and other atmospheric stressors such as the sun.
Vitamin C+E Complex contains key ingredients such as Ascorbic Acid and Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (try saying that 5 times fast). These are both highly absorbable forms of Vitamin C. Tocopheryl Acetate and Tocopherol are forms of Vitamin E that are incredibly active free radical scavengers.
Vitamin C+E Complex’s time release formula delivers vitamins to your skin throughout the day providing you with continuous antioxidant protection. This product is ideal for all ages and skin types.
This complex is a customer favorite and has been featured on The Today Show and in various magazines such as InStyle and Marie Claire.
Due to the high concentration of vitamins C and E, this product only needs to be used once a day. Apply a single pump every morning to the face and neck after cleansing and toning but before applying moisturizer and sunscreen. Fans of this product start to notice amazing results such as radiant, youthful looking skin in just a few short weeks.
To learn more about SkinMedica’s Vitamin C+E Complex please visit their official website.
Did you know that Vitamin C packs a powerful antioxidant punch for your skin? When applied topically in the form of L-ascorbic acid (the only form of Vitamin C that your skin can fully absorb) Vitamin C serum is accompanied by a bevy of beauty benefits.
Vitamin C serum can help to fight off those nasty free radicals that contribute to premature aging. It helps to tighten & brighten skin tone, lighten hyper-pigmentation and discoloration, and inhibit melanin production. This serum also restores moisture balance to the skin and boosts collagen synthesis which firms the skin and assists in the prevention of fine lines and wrinkles. Protection against both UVA and UVB rays are another benefit of this remarkable vitamin.
There are a number of topical Vitamin C products on the market. We love Obagi Professional-C Serum as it is proven to have superior absorption into the epidermis and dermis. Whichever product you end up choosing, make sure that the main ingredient is L-ascorbic acid so that your skin can actually absorb the product and soak up all of those beautiful benefits.