It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and for many, the most stressful as well. The social, financial, and physical stressors that often accompany the holiday season can wreak havoc on your health.
Between the shopping, baking, entertaining, and traveling among many other demands, it’s no wonder people feel overwhelmed. The holiday stress cycle can be, well, stressful!
Here are some tips to help you avoid the stress and enjoy the season!
– Make time for yourself: The holidays are all about spreading joy to others, but don’t forget about yourself. Take a little time every day to do something special for YOU! Relax, meditate, practice yoga, go for a walk, have a cup of tea… do something that makes you happy. This will help you to better handle the holiday stress.
– Put health first: Don’t abandon healthy habits! Make sure to eat right, stay active, and get plenty of sleep. When you feel well you will be more productive, therefor less stressed.
– Just say NO: We live in a yes society, but sometimes you have to say no. Be realistic. You cannot be in twelve places doing twenty things at once. Try not to overextend yourself to avoid unnecessary stress.
– Delegate, delegate, delegate: Delegate tasks and to-do’s to those around you. Hosting a party? Ask guests to bring drinks or dessert. The more you delegate, the less stress responsibility that rests solely on you.
– Know that everything will work out: The shopping will get done, the gifts will be wrapped, the dinner will be cooked and the Christmas cookies will be baked.
– Don’t forget to enjoy the season: Don’t get so caught up in the rush that you forget to take time and enjoy this magical time of year!