We all know that good old H2O is absolutely essential to living a healthy life. Here are the top 5 reasons to drink water in the morning.
Proteins are literally the building blocks of life. They allow your body to run the efficient machine that it was meant to be. If you are lacking in protein, you may feel hungry, anxious, or fatigued. Protein helps your body to build lean muscle and burn more fat. When people are lacking in protein they often go overboard on the wrong kinds, aka protein bars and protein powders. Yes, they do contain protein, but they often contain chemicals and other things that our bodies cannot properly utilize. The CDC recommends about 46 grams of protein for women and 56 grams of protein for men per day. Aim for consuming real foods to get your fill of protein. Here are some great protein packed options…
+ avocado – protein, antioxidants and mono-unsaturated fats (the good kind)
+ chickpeas – a powerful protein boost
+ greek yogurt – protein and calcium
+ hemp seeds – protein and amino acids, sprinkle on cereal, salad, etc.
+ peas – protein, vitamin C, and fiber
+ almonds – a protein packed snack
+ tomatoes – protein and vitamin K
What’s your favorite form of protein?
Here are 14 reasons you may want to make apple cider vinegar ( aka the ultimate health and beauty elixir ) a staple in your health and beauty routine for 2014.
– can clear a stuffy nose
– soothes a sore throat
– relieves body cramps
– controls blood sugar
– boosts metabolism
– lowers cholesterol
– maintains bone health
– relieves arthritis pain by preventing calcium build up in the joints
– reduces swelling in the body
– a natural, brightening skin toner
– whitens teeth, removes stains, and kills bacteria
– fights age spots due to it’s natural sulfur content
– improves circulation in the body, thus lessening the appearance of varicose veins
– clears skin… acne remedy, anti-bacterial, and pH balancing
There are so many great ways to incorporate ACV into your daily health and beauty regimen. Give it a try and let us know your favorite ways to use this natural health and beauty elixir!
We are thrilled to be carrying SkinMedica’s Lytera Brightening System. Lytera is a non-prescription cream that brightens the skin, improves it’s overall condition and tone, and reduces the appearance of skin discoloration and dark spots all without the use of hydroquinone.
Lytera users have noticed an improvement in their skin in as little as four weeks with significant improvement after only twelve. Lytera is appropriate for all skin types and is formulated to improve clarity, evenness, and the skin’s overall appearance. Apply Lytera twice daily after cleansing and toning to the face, neck, and chest. Sun exposure should be limited while using the Lytera brightening system and those who are pregnant or lactating are not encouraged to use this product.
– Hexylresorcinol: Helps to brighten the skin.
– Tetrapeptide-30: Skin brightening peptide.
– 4-Ethoxybenzaldehyde: Helps even skin tone and brighten skin.
– Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract: Natural extract, rich in glabridin, a highly effective antioxidant with excellent skin brightening qualities.
– Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate: A stable, lipid-soluble ester form of ascorbic acid (vitamin C).
– Niacinamide: Vitamin B3 improves skin moisturization and helps to enhance the barrier function of the skin. Helps promote even looking skin tone.
– Ethyl Linoleate: Essential fatty acid ester helps promote even looking skin tone and helps support barrier function.
– Squalane: Mimics the lipid content of skin and helps support the skin barrier and is skin’s first line of defense against water loss.
– Retinol: Lipid-soluble vitamin A helps smooth dry, thick and rough skin by enhancing exfoliation. Helps even skin tone.
– Dunaliella Salina Extract: Natural colorless carotenoids of phytoene and phytofluene extracted from unicellular algae. Colorless carotenoids help quench free radicals and brighten the skin.
You think it will never happen to you or a loved one, but unfortunately dog bites are not a rare occurrence. It is estimated that 4.5 million Americans are bitten each year, half of whom are children. Having dogs in the home increases the risk of being bitten, however, many dog bite cases involve dogs and victims that have no relationship with one another.
Children should learn dog safety at a young age. This includes the proper way to interact with their own dogs as well as how to approach unfamiliar dogs and what to do if an unfamiliar dog approaches them. Children should not be taught to fear dogs as they are wonderful creatures that bring joy to so many people. Studies have shown that children who grow up with dogs are often happier, calmer, more confident, caring, responsible, inquisitive, and outgoing. Adults should do their part to educate children in dog safety and research various breeds before they are brought into the home.
Though proper safety precautions may reduce the incidence of dog bites unfortunately they still do occur. These bites often result in serious injury and even death. Each year 885,000 dog bite victims require serious medical attention including reconstructive surgery. Dr. Vecchione treats dog bite victims on a regular basis. The physical and emotional scars incurred from a dog bite can be devastating and long lasting. Our team at Vecchione Plastic Surgery is here to assist you throughout the healing process.
The Vecchione Plastic Surgery website got a facelift (pun intended). We like to keep current as plastic surgery is a constantly evolving industry. We revamped our website so that it may better assist you in answering your questions, supplying you with important information, and help you to make an informed decision when it comes to you, your health, and your appearance.
Please visit our newly remodeled site and let us know what you think! As always, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding products and procedures that interest you.