Sweet potatoes, once considered a strictly Thanksgiving food have taken the world by storm. It’s no wonder why everyone’s catching on to these sweet and healthy treats. They are jam packed with health benefits including…
– Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin C. Not only does vitamin C fight cold and flu viruses, it also produces collagen making the skin appear healthy and youthful. Vitamin C has also been known to help the body handle stress.
– High levels of vitamin B6 have been known to reduce a chemical called homocysteine in the body, thus reducing the occurrence of heart attacks.
– Vitamin D boosts our immune system as well as promotes a healthy mood, high levels of energy, and healthy bones, skin, and teeth.
– Potassium is a key electrolyte which helps to regulate the heart beat. It also supports healthy muscle and kidney function.
– Magnesium aka the anti stress mineral is present in sweet potatoes. It also plays an important role in healthy heart and nerve function. Magnesium has also been known to help with sleep disorders.
– Iron helps our bodies to metabolize protein, cope with stress, and function at their best.
– Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene which is said to strengthen eyesight, boost immunity, and even ward off certain cancers.
– The natural sugars in sweet potatoes help to regulate blood sugar, combating fatigue and weight gain.
– Lastly, sweet potatoes are delicious! Enjoy them at your holiday meal, or any meal for that matter and take advantage of their amazing health benefits.