Sweet potatoes, once considered a strictly Thanksgiving food have taken the world by storm. It’s no wonder why everyone’s catching on to these sweet and healthy treats. They are jam packed with health benefits including…
– Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin C. Not only does vitamin C fight cold and flu viruses, it also produces collagen making the skin appear healthy and youthful. Vitamin C has also been known to help the body handle stress.
– High levels of vitamin B6 have been known to reduce a chemical called homocysteine in the body, thus reducing the occurrence of heart attacks.
– Vitamin D boosts our immune system as well as promotes a healthy mood, high levels of energy, and healthy bones, skin, and teeth.
– Potassium is a key electrolyte which helps to regulate the heart beat. It also supports healthy muscle and kidney function.
– Magnesium aka the anti stress mineral is present in sweet potatoes. It also plays an important role in healthy heart and nerve function. Magnesium has also been known to help with sleep disorders.
– Iron helps our bodies to metabolize protein, cope with stress, and function at their best.
– Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene which is said to strengthen eyesight, boost immunity, and even ward off certain cancers.
– The natural sugars in sweet potatoes help to regulate blood sugar, combating fatigue and weight gain.
– Lastly, sweet potatoes are delicious! Enjoy them at your holiday meal, or any meal for that matter and take advantage of their amazing health benefits.
Happy October! We’re sure you are all excited that it’s beginning to feel like Fall. The crisp Autumn air, pumpkin spice lattes, cozying up by the fire, dry skin. Oh, wait… so you’re not so thrilled about that last one?
The change of seasons often requires a change to your skincare routine. Enter… SkinMedica’s Rejuvenative Moisturizer. This facial cream is rich in Vitamins C and E as well as essential fatty acids, contains antioxidants to battle free radicals and environmental stressors, nourishes tired skin, eases the appearance of aging, and replenishes the skin’s moisture.
Key Ingredients Include:
Tocopheryl Acetate → An important antioxidant and form of Vitamin E.
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate → A lipid-soluble form of Vitamin C, a free radical scavenger.
Tocotrienols → A natural form of vitamin E found in vegetable oils.
Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid)→ A form of hyaluronic acid that naturally occurs in the skin. Retains up to 40 times its weight in water
Retinyl Palmitate → A form of retinol that keeps skin soft and supple.
This moisturizer is ideal for normal to dry skin and should be applied to the face, neck, and decollate each morning and night after cleansing and toning. For more information on SM’s Rejuvenative Moisturizer pleas visit SkinMedica’s website.
Summer heat can bring on a variety of skin problems including dry skin, acne from an increase in oil production, and worsened rosacea from excessive heat. One of the keys to keeping your skin healthy is letting it breathe. Unfortunately, the makeup we use to cover up, even out, and make our skin look flawless can contribute to these conditions by causing a barrier, thus trapping sweat, dirt, and oil beneath our skin.
Luckily, you needn’t sacrifice beautiful looking skin for truly healthy skin. Oxygenetix is a full coverage, non-comedogenic, oil free, hypoallergenic, organic, and truly breathable foundation. Not only does Oxygenetix allow your skin to breathe, it actually drives oxygen into your skin’s cells using a breakthrough oxygen complex known as Ceravitae. Ceravitae is infused with oxygen, meaning it proliferates collagen production in the skin.
This foundation was formulated by doctors for post-procedural care. This product is actually beneficial to both patients recovering from cosmetic surgery and burn victims. It has been shown to speed up recovery time and minimize scaring. If you are looking for a foundation with unparalleled benefits, Oxygenetix may be the perfect fit. For more information and incredible before and after pictures please visit their official site.